Monday, January 10, 2011

Canadian Eh?

There are many skills we learn as Canadians, a good dry sense of humour, humility and a lot about snow.  Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad for me and that third one came in handy this morning.  We got up at 6:00AM to drop lines at first light around 6:50AM for a full 10 hour day to our next port of call.  I did a quick look at the weather forecast to see what the day held and it was calling for 2CM of snow inland and a little rain and snow by the coast.

I was trying to decide what our best course of action would be - should we stay or should we go?  A quick look outside at that tell-tale grey slate sky told me all I needed to know and we went back to our warm bed!  A couple of hours later we awoke to a nice bright sky and some very fluffy white stuff that had taken NC by surprise!


No Problem for a few good Canucks!
The dock master, Dwayne, stopped by and suggested we take our Canadian boat and weather off his dock thank you very much!  I suggested that I was in NC now and was planning to act like one and stay indoors today thank YOU very much!

So we spent the day reading and I fixed a couple more minor issues on the boat.  Our fish finder and depth sounder packed it in due to some faulty wiring and our master head stopped flushing due to a bad switch - took a little bit of time to trouble shoot the FF but it was a simple fix on both counts.

Sue has her last office meeting tomorrow evening (tele-conference) so we plan to hang out for another day and I will fix up a couple more items and we will continue south on Wednesday Jan 12th.

We are not on any particular time table - so it's all good!

Here's to being resourceful Canadians!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Guys, Loving following your travels. And you've brought along a bit of everything - rain, sun, wind and snow to remind you of what you'ver left behind! Be safe and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Dwayne he better not travel the streets of Ottawa in the near future, for fear of retribution from your good friend up here with the local Constabulary... haha!

    I guess today your "at sea" all day... thinking about you guys on my day off. Wishing you fair winds and calm seas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure but if you "add a gadget" to your blog in settings, you may be able to add one that is cool, a map to show where you've been and where you are. I think this one does the trick if you are interested...

    http://www.blogabond.com/Promo/GetABlogMap.aspx

    I'm sure there are others, but just if you feel the urge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Scott and Sue,
    Thought I'd try calling on Jan.1, but alas you were already south of the border. Have a fantastic time and be safe. Grace

    ReplyDelete