Monday, August 16, 2010

A Boat is a List

On our first charter in Florida we met Captain Mike. One of the first things he said when confronted with a couple of minor items for maintenance was "a boat is a list". I have to agree. It took the better part of the day to get the plug and seat for the dinghy, so I thought I would look into why the anchor light was not working. Turns out someone had cut the lines to all the lights on the radar arch. Odd! But I found a couple of lines that would support 12v and got everything running "properly".

Suffice to say at the end of a long day of cleaning, wiring, carpentry, battery maintenance and exploring, we thought we would relax on the back deck. Whoops, no overhead lights! I think I know why there were some lines disconnected. Now I need a more permanant solution. Oh well a boat is a list!

With our maintenance "done" for now - we will hit the trail tomorrow.

Port Severn here we come!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Scott & Sue, it's great to hear that your long-awaited journey begins today! Good luck with your first lock at Port Severn which will get you ready for the wonderful and unique Marine Railway at Big Chute. Ah yes, it brings back memories from a similar trip that Nancy & I made years ago! Have a great time!

    Len & Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon Voyage Scott & Sue!!!

    ReplyDelete