Thursday, March 10, 2011

Guest Book - Rebecca (week of Feb 21, 2011)

My experience in sunny Florida was a lot of fun. My three main highlights there are many though. Firstly was all the wild life I got to see. Secondly was the walking around downtown and going to south beach. Finely just having the experience of living on a boat for a week, and getting to spend time with my aunt and uncle.


The wild life was amazing mainly because I had never seen some of these animals before. We saw dolphins, manatees, flamingos, and pelicans. It was weird to see a flamingo that was white not pink. I wish I could have swum with the dolphins. But I don’t think they would have liked that….kid over board. Haha!

We had a plane, trains and automobiles type day. When aunt sue says it’s a short walk never believe her. According to her a 59 minute walk is a short one. So we ended up taking a cab the rest of the way. But before we even started to walk we took a public transit bus. But we could not take the bus again because we did not have the exact change to get on the bus. We took all the types of transits we could. Once we got to south beach it really is so long. There are a lot of different people. We saw one guy with a metal detector walking down the beach searching of metals. I think it was cool to see all the different types of people. And how they act and their mannerisms compared to back home in Ottawa.

Finally, living on the boat was a very different experience for me. But I enjoyed it a lot. It was good to see my aunt and uncle. Probably good for Auntie Sue because it gave someone new for Uncle Scott to pick on. But it is all good because majority was aimed at Kyle and his pants that are tighter than mine. :P It was good to see them all nice and tan. By the end of the week the comparison from them to me and Kyle was not as bad as it was when we first got there. We were so pasty.

In the end I was sad to leave Uncle Scott and Auntie Sue and the warm sun but happy to go home and see the fam. I’ll never forget the experience I had there. It was a lot of fun. It was great food as well. My wraps were amazing for almost every meal of the day.

Rebecca the Wrap Queen

Pretty water bird which may be a white flamigo


Catching some rays at Boca Chita Beach (BEFORE our leisurely walk)

No comments:

Post a Comment